First Time Exhibitor
There are many components when planning for a tradeshow and most of this information is available on our website. However, this amount of information can be overwhelming. We recommend starting with the following:
- Review the Rules & Regulations & FAQs
- Freeman is T&D’s official service contractor. They are our partner and exclusive provider of rigging and material handling and the preferred provider for furniture rental, signage, labor, carpet, displays and audiovisual (The convention center is the exclusive provider for catering, electrical, and utilities. Full pricing and order forms will be available in theExhibitor Manual in late 2021, review the Exhibitor Manual page now for common costs.)
- Budgeting – be sure to include costs for travel, registrations (booth and personnel), booth design, show services (i.e. carpet, furniture, AV, electrical, etc.), shipping/transportation, marketing, giveaways, sponsorships, etc. Don’t forget a little extra for any unforeseen on-site needs. Review our budget tools for more information.
- Hotel reservations will open in late 2021 and some hotels will sell out quickly.
- Don’t forget to register your Booth Staff starting in late 2021. Everyone will need a badge to access the show floor. More information available here.
- Check out the communications archiveto view any emails you may have missed.
- Think through any shipments to and from the show. Freeman will be onsite to deliver packages that were sent to the warehouse or direct to the convention center, but that will incur material handling costs. Consolidate shipments and allow time for delivery. Also confirm arrival dates are within thedates freight is accepted at the appropriate locations.
- Confirm your Target Move-In date (all linear booths may BEGIN move-in Saturday, April 23.) The target floorplan will be available in July 2021.
- Be sure to pad personnel and shipment arrivals/departures to allow forbooth setup and tear down schedules.
- COST SAVINGS NOTE – Shipping to the advance warehouse up to 30 days before move-in can save costs and ensures packages arrive in time for move-in.
- Keep a log of all confirmations and shipments with tracking numbers, etc. to reference onsite quickly.
- Complete a Material Handling Agreement (MHA) for all outbound shipments and return to Exhibitor Service Center or submit via FreemanOnline.
- Review the logistics guide (available fall 2021) for onsite tips and information.
- Hold a pre-show meeting with your team to review any show priorities and goals, rules/regulations, etc. ensuring all are informed and on the same page.
- If you hired labor, check-in at the Freeman Service Desk to be sure your work order is in process and confirm your tear-down labor while there.
- Label any boxes/containers you will need for tear-down BEFORE they’re taken to the warehouse and remove EVERY item needed – you won’t have access to them during the show.
- Before you leave check with the service desk and any vendors for all final invoices.
- Review the Partner in Promotion Marketing Toolkit (available in fall 2021), which will provide a suite of resources to promote your presence at the event and help drive traffic to your booth. More details to follow.
- After your booth is reserved, update youronline listing, and consider upgrading your listing with a logo by selecting “Purchase Enhanced listing” in your exhibitor dashboard.
- Review thePress/Mediapage (available in fall 2021) and upload your digital press kit if available.
- Consider adding a Sponsorship or reserving an onsite Exhibitor Meeting Room (available August 2021).