Health & Safety Updates
New Orleans is open for business. T&D Will be there to welcome you.
The health and well-being of IEEE PES T&D attendees remains our top priority. By working closely with the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and Federal, State and Local public health officials, we will incorporate current best practices to provide you with the best level of protection at the 2022 IEEE PES T&D Conference & Exhibition.
Update from the IEEE PES T&D Planning Committee – March 21, 2022
As of March 21, the city of New Orleans has announced all vaccination and testing restrictions have been lifted.
This follows the March 3 announcement, which stated masks are no longer required, except for on public transportation and in healthcare facilities.
The 2022 IEEE PES T&D Conference and Exposition will follow this new direction and not require proof of vaccination, proof of negative tests, or masking at this year’s event.
The IEEE PES T&D Conference will continue to observe the city mandates for our show in April, but for your planning purposes, the above is what is currently in place.
What You Can Do to Help Onsite
- Follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases at the event.
- Discourage physical greetings like handshakes, high fives, fist or elbow bumps, and hugs.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
For up-to-date information from the City of New Orleans, click here.
We look forward to you joining us in New Orleans. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].